Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nailing Jello to the Wall - 11799B


Nailing Jello to the Wall, 11799B, 1999

This platter was glazed on one of those nights where I was definitely burning the candle at both ends. Never mind that my ex-wife and I were fighting non-stop... so being home wasn't worth being there for... and never mind the strife in the studio.... I just kept right on glazing. Sometimes I would glaze for two to three days, non-stop. Would load one kiln and get it rolling after days of glazing, and completely forget what I had put into the kiln. Then I would resort to my glaze notebooks which looked like sick mixed with coffee stains (I dont drink coffee)....covered in dry glaze powder. And I wonder why some of my glaze ideas turned out completely backwards. Yeah... I was my own worst enemy as I worked on these platters. Once in while, they resulted in some fantastic colors and textures... other times, not so much. Of the dozen platters that went into this firing, only two survived and of those, only this one made it to NY.





No comments:

Post a Comment